TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Most of the hire items in the Betty May Vintage Hire collection are vintage and pre-loved (very few items we have purchased brand new). These pieces have been carefully curated and hand selected to ensure the hire collection is not only full of beautiful, genuine vintage items aged 30 years or over, but also so the pieces are in excellent, useable condition. All crockery and china is made in England – there are no imitation or replication pieces – and along with our glassware for hire, are free of chips and cracks.
The hiring of items is done on a first-to-book basis.
To secure hire items for your event, the deposit needs to be paid at the time of booking confirmation. Should this not be done, Betty May Vintage Hire has the right to hire any items to another Hirer.
Hiring of items includes a 4-day hire period and will begin from the commencement date specified by Betty May Vintage Hire and shall be collected or returned to Betty May Vintage Hire by the date specified by Betty May Vintage Hire. Any extension of the period needs to be agreed to by Betty May Vintage Hire and may incur additional fees.
Your quote is valid for 30-days.
A 30% deposit of the total hire cost is required at the time of booking (outlined in the invoice). Final payment of the remaining 70% shall be paid no later than 14 days prior to the event date.
Should the final payment not be made 14 days prior to the event date, Betty May Vintage Hire reserves the right to no longer supply any items for the event. No deposit will be returned should this occur.
If the booking is made 14 days or less from the event date, the full amount is due at the time of booking.
Full payments must be made before delivery or DIY collection takes place.
Payments can be in cash, bank transfer or card via PayPal.
Any request for a date change must be made in writing 14-days in advance of the original event date and subject to availability.
The Hirer may cancel an order at anytime though a cancellation fee will occur should the booking be cancelled within 30 days of the event date (see fee schedule below).
No cancellation by the Hirer is valid unless it is acknowledged in writing by Betty May Vintage Hire.
– 31-days+ written notice from collection: Full 30% deposit refunded
– 15 – 30-days written notice from collection: 50% of 30% deposit refunded
– 4-14 days written notice from collection: No refund on 30% deposit available
– Less than 3 days written notice from collection: 70% of total hire order retained by Betty May Vintage Hire (as hire items will already be packed).
The deposit is 30% of the total hire value (as per invoice).
If the booking is made within 14 days of the event and is cancelled in this time, 30% of the total hire order is still payable.
As part of Betty May Vintage Hire’s stringent quality assurance process, all hire items are checked, counted and cleaned prior to dispatch. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check all of the ordered items on delivery or collection and the Hirer must notify the owner of any breakages or missing items within 6 hours of receiving them. The Hirer acknowledges that it is aware of the proper use for which the items hired are designed and it has inspected the items hired and expressly agrees that the items hired are:
– In clean condition;
– In satisfactory working order;
– Fit for the purpose; and
– Of a quality and specifications as ordered.
The Hirer will:
– Bear responsibility for the items hired from the time of its delivery or DIY collection into the possession of the Hirer until collection by or return to Betty May Vintage Hire.
– Where necessary be responsible in obtaining the necessary permits and/or plans and pay such fees as may be required to use the hire items.
– Upon delivery or DIY collection of the hire items, examine it to be satisfied as to its condition, suitability and fitness for the purpose to which it requires the hire items. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to notify Betty May Vintage Hire should the hire items not be in a satisfactory condition within 6 hours of receiving the hire items. Otherwise any damage or uncleanliness of hire items shall be deemed the Hirer’s responsibility.
– Pay all extra cartage costs should the Hirer alter its delivery requirements prior to, during, or after delivery.
– Not remove the hire items from the location designated at time of booking, and must not sub-hire, part with possession or part with control of the hire items without Betty May Vintage Hire’s written permission.
– Use the hire items in a proper, safe and prudent manner and only for the purpose and capacity for which it was designed.
– Ensure all hire items are returned or ready for collection in a clean, dry and properly packed condition and if being collected, is readily acceptable. The Hirer must pay all cleaning and drying costs and for any damage resulting from not properly drying, cleaning or packing the hire items.
– Comply with any written instructions given to the Hirer or accompanying the hire items.
Breakages are not very common, but from time to time, accidents do happen. The industry standard Damage Waiver charge is 7% of the total value of the hire and will be automatically included on the invoice.
Once the hire items have been delivered or collected, the Hirer cannot change their mind regarding acceptance of the Damage Waiver. The Damage Waiver only covers those items listed on the invoice.
The Damage Waiver does NOT cover the following:
– Damage of breakage caused by the use of the hire item other than the use for which it is designed and intended;
– Theft of the hire item;
– Damage or breakage of the hire item caused by fire, storm or accident
– Damage to the hire item caused by neglect or vandalism;
– Cleaning charges;
– Lost or missing items;
– Failure to return the hire item;
– The hire items whilst in transit, if being carried by the Hirer, or an employee, contractor or agent of the Hirer;
– The hire items after the expiration of the hire period, unless an extension is requested by the Hirer and an additional fee paid; and
– Damage caused by disregard for instructions given to the Hirer by Betty May Vintage Hire in respect of the proper use of the hire items.
Replacement costs will be charged if any of the above apply, which is three times the hire amount excluding teapots. Teapot replacement charges will be as per current market value.
The Hirer shall protect the hire items from the elements during the time of hire. In poor weather conditions, storage of the hire items may be necessary and is the responsibility of the Hirer to see that the hire items are stored safely. Any hire items damaged from weather is the full responsibility of the Hirer and shall be paid at full replacement cost to Betty May Vintage Hire.
The hire items shall be supplied to the Hirer in a clean and well maintained condition, as well as safely packaged for transit if DIY collected. The hire items must be returned in the same condition and packaging as they were provided. Please take care of the goods as if they were your own.
To minimise excess handling, Betty May Vintage Hire requests that the Hirer does not wash the tableware, crockery, glassware and tea ware – simply remove any excess food and liquid with paper towels or rinse in warm water – do not wash in dishwashers – then repack in the packaging provided. Betty May Vintage Hire will complete a full clean and damage inspection upon return.
It is important that the Hirer retains all packaging for re-packing at the event’s conclusion. Please note, we re-use packaging wherever possible as part of our commitment to reduce waste and not add to landfill.
With hired table linen, please replace in the packaging provided unwashed (all pieces are genuinely vintage and delicate). Betty May Vintage Hire will organise a professional dry clean to preserve their quality.
CANDLESTICK HOLDER HIRE
Soy wax or beeswax candles are preferred to reduce damage and minimise cleaning time post-event. If different candles are used, a cleaning fee of $200 will be charged for cleaning expenses at Betty May Vintage Hire’s discretion.
VINTAGE LINEN & PICNIC BLANKETS
The tablecloths, napkins and picnic blankets in the collection are genuine vintage pieces. Some do bear minor marks and general wear and tear. All linen and blankets will come freshly laundered and pressed (table cloths and napkins only). A cleaning charge will be included in the invoice if any vintage linen or blankets are hired.
For DIY collection and return, a minimum hire of $50 is required. Orders $100 or more qualify for the delivery and collect service to Melbourne locations only (delivery fees not included).
Betty May Vintage Hire is based in Sassafras and services Melbourne, Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Gippsland.
Delivery of items hired is available to Melbourne and certain regional locations and will incur a freight charge, which will be calculated at time of booking based on the delivery point and order size, and will be noted in the quote. This fee is subject to change should the Hirer change the amount of items hired.
Alternatively, the hire items are available for DIY collection and return at Betty May Vintage Hire’s premises at an arranged time at no extra cost.
PLEASE NOTE: Betty May Vintage Hire does not install or set up items hired or pack down post-event. Unless a set up and pack down fee has been charged and agreed upon by both parties.
All pieces hired are the responsibility of the Hirer from the time of delivery or DIY collection until they are returned to Betty May Vintage Hire. Any losses will be charged to the Hirer. The Hirer shall respect and protect the pieces during the time of delivery, use, storage or waiting period before collection or DIY return.
Betty May Vintage Hire shall in no way be held responsible or accountable for any injury, death or loss of income caused to the Hirer, any third parties or properties due to the hire items or provided services by Betty May Vintage Hire.