Frequently Asked Questions
Time is precious – so moments together matter. Especially the moments between you and us. So here’s the beautiful nitty gritty so there’s no surprises along the way.
‘Vintage-vintage’ or fake vintage?
- Everything in our collection is 100% vintage, pre-loved, antique or repurposed. No fakes. No imitations. No wannabes. Only the real deal. Because we already have enough in this world, so let’s use it.
- Our prices include a long four day hire period so you have lots of time to do your DIY set up and pack down. Need more hire time? Ask us the question, it will depend on what other orders are coming up.
Do you set up/pack down?
- Currently, we don’t set up and pack down weddings and celebrations. Most of clients are DIY-ers and love setting their own tables. So we leave that to you or your stylist/planner. If you’re looking for some arms and legs to help you with the set up &/or pack down, ask us for some recommendations.
Your position on love?
- We think it’s important that you know our values when it comes to love. Love is glorious in all its forms. Be it Mrs + Mr, Mrs + Mrs or Mr + Mr #loveislove.
How do I order?
- Explore our collection online, then fill out our contact form with your contact details, celebration date and what you’re looking to hire. You’ll hear from us within 48 hours of your enquiry – sometimes sooner if we’re not on the road sourcing/delivering/collecting.
Minimum order amount?
- We have a minimum order amount of $50. Orders under $100 need to be collected and returned to our Studio.
My celebration is in, like, 7 days. Can you still help me?
- If what you’re looking to hire is still in the Studio, then it’s usually a yes. But we do charge a 10% rush fee for any orders that are placed 10 days or less from the celebration date.
How do I get my order?
- Do a DIY collect + return to our Studio at no extra cost or use our super convenient delivery + collect service for a few extra bucks. Delivery is available on orders over $100 to Melbourne + certain regional locations and a fee will be calculated based on the delivery address and size of your order. If you would like to collect from our Studio, we’ll let you know how many boxes and recommended car size to make sure you can fit everything in.
Where are you?
- Our Studio is located in the rolling green hills of Sassafras in the Dandenong Ranges, approximately 45 minutes east of Melbourne’s CBD and perfectly positioned to service the local area, Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula and greater Melbourne. We also accommodate DIY collections from Bendigo (a flat fee applies to get the goods to Bendigo), and we’re happy to hire for Geelong, Ballarat and Gippsland based events. Ask us how we can get our pieces to you if your celebration is regional (we’ve got some tried and tested ways of getting our pieces to your regional event!).
Can I look before I hire?
- We love having people to our Studio to check out our collection. Simply get in touch to arrange a time. We’ll also share some of our fave places to visit in the Dandenong Ranges so you can make a day of it.
Oh sh*t! Something got damaged!
- First, don’t panic. Accidents happen. But if the hired item is severely damaged and can’t be re-hired or an item is lost and not returned, we charge a replacement fee. The replacement fee is three times the individual hire amount excluding teapots (replacement charges based on current market value).
Who washes up?
- No one likes washing up after a party. So we do it for you. It’s also so we can check for chips and cracks, as well as sterilise.
- Most of our pieces are one of a kind and not a uniform size. So we use (and re-use and re-use and re-use) a lot of bubble wrap and paper to protect our collection in transit. You need to keep all packaging to re-wrap at the end of the celebration. Let’s reduce waste and what goes into landfill together.
Got another question? Hit us up, we’re here to help.